Mọi người làm quen với một số từ vựng về hometown nhé để có thể chuẩn bị cho bài Speaking khi gặp chủ đề này.
1. an economic hub: 1 trung tâm kinh tế
2. tons of = a lot of
3. to be into something = to like something
4. art gallery: phòng tranh
5. immerse oneself in (nature): hoà mình vào với (thiên nhiên)
6. hospitable: hiếu khách
7. come off as + Adj: dường như có vẻ
8. aloof: lạnh lùng
9. get to know someone: làm quen và hiểu thêm về
10. local: người bản địa
11. lend someone a hand = help
12. if needed = if necessary: khi cần thiết
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
1. Where is your hometown?
==> My hometown is HCMC, which is located in the south of Vietnam. My city is known to be the largest city and an economic hub of my country.
2. Is there much to do in your hometown?
==> Oh yes, there’s certainly a lot to do there as it’s a fairly big city. If you wanna go out in the evening there are tons of good restaurants and bars. If you’re into cultural activities there are museums and art galleries. But if you prefer to immerse yourself in nature then I guess you could take a one day tour to the mekong delta.
3. What are the people like in your hometown?
==> Well, they are mostly pretty friendly and hospitable, I would say. But as with most big cities everyone is often busy so they may come off as being aloof or not interested in talking. But if you live there and get to know the people then you’ll notice that most locals are quite happy to have a chat if they have time and will lend you a hand if needed.
Xem thêm bài viết: